Guide to the Links Above
- The About Us link provides information about our association and its history.
- The OOTFA Event Calendar provides time and place information for OOTFA events as well as related oldtime festivals. The OOTFA board meets quarterly at various locations around the state. Each meeting includes jamming, workshops, dinner and a performance. Other events are the OOTFA State Convention held at the Polk County Fairgrounds in Rickreall each April, the Oregon Fiddle Contest held each March at Chemeketa Community College in Salem, and the Willamette Valley Fiddle Contest held each August at the Benton County Fairgrounds.
- The Contact OOTFA link provides postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for each of the state officers. To contact your district officers, refer to the current issue of The Hoedowner. At the top of each district's news entry is a list of district officers along with their postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Lew Holt's Site will give you access to Lew's news and views of current and past activities in our organization. Lew is a past president of OOTFA and editor emeritus of The Hoedowner, our monthly newsletter.
- The Hoedowner Archive link provides access to all issues of our monthly newsletter. The Current Issue gives you up-to-date info on what's happening at the state level and in the various districts of Oregon Oldtime Fiddlers. It also includes contact information for the various state and district officers.
- The Join OOTFA link will tell you more about our organization and how you can join us.
- The Donate to OOTFA link will provide information on how you can support our organization.
- The West Cascades Fiddle Camp link provides information about our summer camp for aspiring and experienced fiddlers and other oldtime instrumentalists of all ages.
- The OOTFA on Facebook link will take you to our Facebook page where you can see various tidbits about past and present OOTFA activities including many photos
- The OOTFA Districts link lists the ten OOTFA districts along with links to their websites when they exist. For districts without websites, the link leads to the current issue of The Hoedowner. You can scroll down through The Hoedowner to your district's news section and catch up on the previous month's activities and those planned for the next month
- The National Fiddle Contest link leads to the website for the National Oldtime Fiddlers' contest, which is held each spring in Weiser, Idaho. Fiddle contests are an intrinsic part of OOTFA. Contestants in all brackets from the youngest children through senior-senior adults perform before an open audience and a panel of judges. Winners of state contests participate in the national fiddle contest. OOTFA holds an oldtime fiddle contest each March at Chemeketa Community College in Salem and there is a Willamette Valley Fiddle Contest held each August at the Benton County Fairgrounds in Corvallis.
- 20 Jan: State Gathering, Jam, and Board Meeting at the Lebanon Community Center. Click here for more information.
- Check the OOTFA Event Calendar for other events. Use the "agenda" view for best results.